Tasselling

As promised (... for a while now...) TASSELS!

Tasselling (in my new [innovative?] use of this word as a verb meaning the making of tassels - rather than embellishing with {- not half so much fun, I shouldn't think!}) was part of the short course where I learned how to make buttons (see earlier post) - I think I enjoyed the tassels even more than the buttons.

Lots of pictures here of tassels made last weekend with a friend who was visiting, and LG (my daughter). We made more than I've pictured here - they are very easy to make, and mostly very quick (not so much the one with wire and stones.... Dizzy made at least 6 tassels in the time that one took!) [pictures should all enlarge if you click]

These are some of Dizzy's tassels:




































Not a very good picture here, but these are lovely and esp. the one on the right which is made of lovely soft shiny ribbons.


















And these are just gorgeous, aren't they?















She was very creative - and prolific! she made more than this, but for some reason I didn't get pictures of them all.

These were my weekend tassels:


















I think this one would be good on a larger scale and used as a chandelier.


































(very satisfying to find such a good use for beach-finds of pebbles with holes and sandwashed glass.)


















The following were some of these following made by LG, but posted with her permission here on the understanding that I refer to her as Demon Child, rather than Little Gem. Tch!
Some of them will make great Christmas decorations
























And this carrot tassel is my favourite of all


















I have pictures of more ... didn't want to get too carried away here! ... and can post them and/or instructions if anyone is interested. They really are easy peasy.

Comments

ramblingwoman said…
i'm SO in love with tassels!

Please post a 'how to' so that I can have a go! And come visit soon to show me!
These are lovely Lettuce. I have never given tassels much of aa thought before but I especially like the beachy one, beautiful :-)