Buttons

These are buttons from my most recent haul.

My first car boot sale of 2007 - in Ipswich, thanks Lucy! It was such fun. Now I remember just why is it I'll sometimes get up too early on a Saturday morning.....

Of all the things I might buy at a boot fair, buttons are top of my list as what I'm most pleased with. Not just because I'm such an addict, but also because of the anticipation of coming home, sorting through to see what treasures are there.

These are the best/nicest - the ones I'll keep. I have to be fairly selective as I already have so many buttons! (impossible to have too many, obviously) There are lot of really nice ones here, and some real treasures.




And while we're on the subject of buttons, if you like buttons too then you might like to visit natural attrill. Click here for their blog, and here for Toby's jewellery showcase - he makes (and sells) truly wonderful jewellery incorporating lots of the things I love most, buttons, beads, hemp, felt, silver, beachcombings, stones.....

Comments

natural attrill said…
Hello Lettuce,
WOW what a find, all those buttons, Toby will be green with envy, i will show him this when he gets home from school. He also has SO many buttons, but still, everywhere we go, we look for more, and we both sit at home and sift through them, as you say, finding little treasures, and i just love the feel of them running through my hands, Toby sorts them into glass/plastic/colours etc.
Thank you for linking our blog, and telling everyone about Toby's jewellery.
Penny.
natural attrill said…
p.s. just added a link to here on our blog.
natural attrill said…
Hi,
Thanks for the link!
what are the black rings in the top left hand corner? They look interesting!
Toby
x
lettuce said…
thanks for the link, Penny & Toby. I can't resist buttons either, seriously!

I'm not sure about those black rings. They are plastic - I don't think they are particularly old, though hard to tell. I'm not sure they could be curtain rings as there is no means of attaching anything..... so don't know! any ideas?
they've given me some giant tassel ideas.....
natural attrill said…
Hi again Lettuce,

Talking of tassles, I just saw a beautiful one of yours in flickr, strings and stones, natural colours, I really like it.

I dont know if you saw on our blog, Toby made me a lovely bag charm for my ruckcack for xmas, was rather like a tassle made from green/grey hemp with buttons and beads.

We collected lots of stones with holes in the IOW last summer, ready to make jewellery or somthing....sometime...

Penny.
Lovely buttons Lettuce. I think we might have to arrange another swap sometime soon ;-)