big bootees

I had a late birthday surprise this week, with a package all the way from Australia, from a wonderful dear blogger friend, with lots of lovely stuff - including:





Aren't they just fabulous?
They may look like baby bootees but they are big enough for me.



They are keeping my toes toasty warm in this poor excuse of a summer which we are having.


Hand-knitted by a woman called Sheila (who i guess may be rather special).

I may have to investigate further - as to whether she uses a pattern, any tips and secrets to her success - don't you think?

Thankyou Sheila, i love them.

(also the towel... pics will follows!)

Comments

natural attrill said…
What a lovely present! fab colours.
It's our blog birthday, please do come and join our celebration.
Penny.
x
Woo Gilchrist said…
They are so cute! I've been away for a while but have been reading your blog. Guess what - I just bought a table loom!!! Going on a weaving course next month, so might pester you for tips!!! Hope all is well.
Joanna said…
They look lovely and cosy. I like the pink wool
Hi Lettuce

Thanks soooo much for linking the shop. That's really sweet of you. It's quite exciting, really - I just hope everyone else thinks so!!!

I didn't see the roses programme although I'm surprised I missed it because I used to watch every gardening/plant-related programme going once upon a time. Perhaps we should make contact and ask them to repeat it!

Sue x