weekly

Well only 2 cm more woven since my last post (I've switched to metric because 2 cm sounds more than 1 3/4 inches).

A lot of weaving measurements still seems to use imperial - one piece of weaving equipment, a reed, is bought in various imperial guages ( number of dents - gaps - per inch) but is purchased by length, a certain price per metre. Weird.

I wont be weaving at home any more this week as we'll have a friend staying in the guest room.

BUT I have finally finished - lined, with fastenings and labels - a set of bags I started over 2 years ago.



I did finish one of the set nearly a year ago so that I could give it to my niece for her birthday - and I did an earlier post about that here - so wont repeat myself.

It was a very satisfying project - not a difficult weave once the loom is set up, they were made on a basic 4 shaft table loom - and the variety is created mainly through the range of bits and pieces I used in the weft, which included bits of fabric, ribbons, novelty yarns, chenille and gimp. They were made almost entirely by using up bits and pieces I already had. Which is my other overall textiles aim at the mo - along with finishing projects.

But I'm pleased with myself - and good timing for Christmas.

Here they are:











Comments

Anonymous said…
I love those blues! I've been busy patchworking with blues and now I'm off to do some knitting...x
natural attrill said…
Hello again!
Beautiful bags.
P.x