progress

These are fairly up-to-date photos of my progress on the chair. I might even have finished it last week, if I'd not run out of plied hemp - I had to move onto a spinning wheel to do some more.







I've also made a string bag with the same hemp - though with 3 strands plied rather than the 9 strands I'm using for the chair seats.
I found the pattern and instructions (via Tut-Tut's blog) here - this is a great website, full of ideas and inspiration for all sorts of yarn crafts.





I enjoyed making this bag - at least, I did after the first few rows where I kept gaining and/or losing stitches. Its pretty quick and very satisfying to make - and nice to use.

I'm thinking of plying some hemp together with some nice shiny gold thread, or some novelty tufted threads, to make some more of these for Christmas gifts.

Its really nice to be knitting again.

Comments

natural attrill said…
Cute bag.
They would look nice with interchangeable linings in various colours and patterns/textures to that show through the holes. If you could take the insides out you could wash them, and also choose a different colour for each day.
Right, now, I will go away and mind my own business!
Penny.
x
lettuce said…
ooo penny thats such a good idea!

brilliant.

ta!

xx
tut-tut said…
Here I am for the first time! Your blog is on my bookmarks, so your sidebar doesn't come up with your links etc.; how sorry I am to have missed all this. I shall go straight to the Main Page, and bookmark your others, too.

Letty: I also want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas (LG too . . .) and tell you how much I look forward to reading what you have to say every time you post.
Gledwood said…
My grandparents used to have a chair just like that.

;->...
lettuce said…
Tut-tut i'm happy to see you here too and that you saw my pic of your string bag! I've done a couple with other yarns in with the hemp, as presents - they worked really well. Such a nice pattern.

Gled - hello! it didn't need a new seat, did it?

(spot me ignoring "adam")
i love this one!!