ta da!

Viola!
my chair is finished.




I'm so very very happy with it and feeling rather smug.

But t'was easy, really - see the previous few posts for some ideas as to how I did it, I'll be looking with a new eye at old furniture in junk shops and at the boot fair - and I'd encourage you to do the same.



Easy peasey lemon squeezy - it remains to be seen, of course, how durable it is but the hemp is very strong, we have no cats now to shred it, lets just hope that the mice don't see its potential as a cosy nesting place.

Comments

tut-tut said…
Wow, how inspiring you are!
Stunning! Are you taking orders?!!
Shammickite said…
Oh yes!!! That's lovely. What is the coloured yarn?
Gledwood said…
niddy-noddy diddy-doddy BANG!!
natural attrill said…
Looks great lettuce!
P.x
andsewtosleep said…
Gorgeous. I love the colours.
Gledwood said…
niddynoddydiddydoddyPOO!

piddypoddytiddytoddyWooHoo

You!!

haha!!

(oo?!?)

:-<

:->

:-\

:-/

:-]

??

!!

.
lettuce said…
thanks Tut-Tut - my weaving tutor is very inspirational, i was going to fix this chair in a much more prosaic way

V2V thanks, and, actually, i might be open to commissions!

shammie thanks, the coloured bits are rags - all sorts of bits of old fabrics.

BANG to you too Gled

thanks penny. i so enjoyed doing it.
and thanks sewtosleep (and hello!)

and POO to you too Gled.
actually a niddy noddy is a piece of spinning equipment. So there.

!!

:-O

:o}

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Cathrine said…
you blow me away !

:)