pastel

Well I've started weaving my latest set of bags, and feel rather foolish because having put the warp



on the loom
I'm not very happy with the colours.

silly me.

I was partly going for colours that would allow for a lot of variation in the weft - making each bag very different.

And I was partly pushing myself to use colours rather different from my usual very blueygreeney preferences.

And I was partly seduced by the sale items when I bought the yarns...

and maybe its partly to do with buying online, without seeing the colours myself in reality...

Anyway.

I will make the best of it and hope that they are colours other people will like, even if they are not my natural preference.

My first sample looked like this:




This will be the first bag - one side:


and the other side:




I wove this one in fairly neutral, soft, "calm" colours to let the pattern emerge, and for me to get accustomed to this warp a bit.

I plan to weave the next one in much more funky yarns and colours - green, again, but maybe bright lime green - and possibly loud pink too?

After that, I'll move on to blues, purples maybe. I'm wondering how it would look with grey weft, or even black. I think its probably quite good for me to have to work with a rather different palette from what I would normally choose, I just hope they turn out okay.

The textures are quite nice, I'm using some chenille and some shiny yarns. If only I could get to like the colours a bit more...

Comments

tut-tut said…
Yes, I can see loud colors with the pastels. Might be very cool indeed.
Like them so far - haven't visited niddy noddy for so long - but it looks as if I haven't missed too much!!!!!!

Shall check back more frequently now to see how the bags are progressing!

Sue x
lettuce said…
tut-tut, the second bag was all grassy greens + bright lime green - which worked really well! i'm a bit more encouraged. Will post pics soon.

Sue - i'm glad you like them! so long as other people do, my colour preferences don't matter too much...