2nd knitted felted bag



This was the same pattern as the previous. I used larger needles - and oh it didn't half look saggy and baggy before washing!

And then after a 90' wash, it was quite nice..... but I decided that I wanted it a bit more felted and solid. Another wash at 60' did the job nicely - felting in the machine seems to be a pretty forgiving process, and stretching and pressing the bag on a cake tin helped to square it up and get rid of a couple of bumps and bulges.



Having not thought about pockets when I knitted the previous bag, I gave more thought to this one and picked up and knitted some woollen pockets - one on the outside phone/MP3 size, two on the inside. I tacked some cotton inside the pockets before felting, so that they didn't fuse onto the bag itself.



They worked pretty well, though I do also like the combination of fabric pockets with wool bags.

This bag, the previous, and 2 very different woven bags are on their way to Joyce, and will hopefully be auctioned on her Darfur blog at some stage - keep a look out!

Comments

tut-tut said…
Beautiful. Felting is so satisfying.
natural attrill said…
You can never have enough pockets!
Love the colours of this one.
P.x
This is SOOSOSOSOOS beautiful, love the felting work, i have done some felting but not so keen/good at the knitting part. This is absolutely beautiful!! good job!