2nd knitted felted bag
This was the same pattern as the previous. I used larger needles - and oh it didn't half look saggy and baggy before washing!
And then after a 90' wash, it was quite nice..... but I decided that I wanted it a bit more felted and solid. Another wash at 60' did the job nicely - felting in the machine seems to be a pretty forgiving process, and stretching and pressing the bag on a cake tin helped to square it up and get rid of a couple of bumps and bulges.
Having not thought about pockets when I knitted the previous bag, I gave more thought to this one and picked up and knitted some woollen pockets - one on the outside phone/MP3 size, two on the inside. I tacked some cotton inside the pockets before felting, so that they didn't fuse onto the bag itself.
They worked pretty well, though I do also like the combination of fabric pockets with wool bags.
This bag, the previous, and 2 very different woven bags are on their way to Joyce, and will hopefully be auctioned on her Darfur blog at some stage - keep a look out!