previous next

Both my chair seats are finished now, being sat on regularly and looking no worse for it.




My next project is to renovate a little chair which LG has by her bedside - the wood needs some work, which I'll enjoy doing. And the seat needs replacing. Yay!

I so enjoyed doing the chairs i've just finished, I was delighted to think of doing this one too.





Its a little old dressing-table chair. And its been buried under such a tower of books, magazines, old plates of toast etcetcetc that I'd not realised what a state it was in.

Of course, being for LG, the colour scheme will be various shades of black, with possibly some black and/or purple. Goth as possible.

should be fun. I will keep you informed....


in the meantime, I am still knitting string bags.
Not yet having done the preparation I need to do on the chair before I can begin weaving, I spent today's weaving class spinning. I have so many bits and pieces of fibres around, bought in sales, shows etc.... needing to be spinned - its one of my favourite in-between-project activities.

Today I was spinning silk noiles - raw silk.
like this

And I think I might try plying some of this with some of my lovely hemp, to use for my next string bag.

Comments

natural attrill said…
sweet chair!!
Toby.
mzjohansen said…
Your work is terrific - and now I am simpky going to HAVE to make a string bag - maybe with jute - though I think EuroFlax would be lovely too.
Also, tanks for nice note about Epley the crow - he is a handsome fellow ! It's time to try bluebirds though !
Avid Reader said…
i'm impressed ....

and think it would look very chic in black and a purple that is nearly black. with maybe the thinnest of a silver line somewhere. the chair already has personality.